Tuesday, May 13, 2008

They Have Arrived!

The appliances have arrived! They're not installed, but at least they are here. This would be the stove. It does cover up the bottom part of the tile stuff. Oh, well. What do you do?
Here's the dishwasher. Hopefully it'll be nice and quiet, or we'll be running it at 2am! (It's got dealy wash) Don't want it drowning out conversation in the living room!
Here's the microwave and somewhere is the trim kit to give it the "built in" look. We were told our white microwave couldn't stay - it would look funny, and I have to agree. It's 11 years old anyway and will now join Darcy at work.
This box holds the hood fan. Can't you tell? So much for getting it early! Hopefully the tile will work around this.
Nathan is finally back and putting in the baseboards.
I wasn't quite sure how I like the very bottom of these posts, but it looks so much better now that there's baseboard going on them.
I believe we also got a hot water tank today. Which will make cleaning a lot easier. Speaking of cleaning, I went to go wash windows today, being nice and cloudy and all, only to find this gritty stuff stuck all over every window! It wouldn't come off with regular washing - I had to go get my pan scraper, soak the thing with water and then scrub the stuff till it came off. It's only at the top of the windows so I think it must be from the ceiling bumpy stuff. Very annoying. I managed to get all the gunk off the windows upstairs, but they still need to be cleaned to get all the water marks off. Then there's all the other windows to do...

No comments: